Homecoming 2017 was a grand success! Thank you to everyone who participated and made it a wonderful day. The weather was a little cool outside but the Spirit was warm inside. Thank you to our Historical Committee, Kitchen and Hospitality Committees for their hard work. Thank you to everyone who prepared something for the meal following the service. The food and the fellowship were delicious and delightful.
Rev. Jerry Sawyers and Connie also blessed us with music, the message and their sweet spirits. It was a true joy to have them as our guests. We look forward to having them back in the future. Sunday evening our children, with help from youth, parents, grandparents and other adults did “Trunk or Treat” in our new multi-ministry building. It was fun and “sweet” evening. Thanks to Susan Peyton, David Kephart and others who assisted with this.
November is a month of Thanks-giving. There are many opportunities to demonstrate our thankfulness for God’s abundant mercy, grace and peace by giving. A few that come to mind are:
- Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes due back Sunday Nov. 5
- Share The Bounty food for boxes to be given in December
- Canned sweet potatoes for Bland Ministry Christmas boxes
- Attend and participate in Community Thanksgiving Service November 19th 6:00 p.m. at our church
- Help with the Thanksgiving Dinner Wednesday Nov. 22nd 5:30 -7:30 p.m. at our church. Sign -up sheet in foyer.
- Give our tithes and offerings to the Ministry Budget for the church to continue to do the ministry of reaching, teaching and sharing the gospel.
- December is coming with many more opportunities for giving and service.
I’m looking forward to seeing you in Bible Study and worship this Sunday as we baptize Damon Akers and Travis Peck in our morning worship service.
Grace and peace,
David W. Dockery